Friday, January 24, 2020

Mystery Settings

This week, we continued our work with settings and using juicy words to describe them. Students were all given a different picture of familiar and unfamiliar places. After the students had time to write about their pictures, we shared them with each other trying to guess the places that was described. It was a lot of fun trying to figure out the clues.

For example,

" I saw beautiful mountains ahead. The water was blue. I heard two little birds chirping. I felt water splashing on my face. I smelled fresh air. I tasted fresh water."



After a great adventure in the woods in the distance I saw a beautiful giant thing. It was very large. I went inside! It was shiny! There as gold everywhere. I smelled delicious chocolate. Over the hill sat  lot of corn growed so much that I couldn't even count how many there was. I noticed a dark brown bear eating some berries. There was wine tangled to the large tower. I felt a mouse that was in the hallway."

No comments:

Post a Comment